The market for early-stage funding in Asia continues to hold strong at a time when broad economic gloom has taken the shine off IPOs and prolonged exit timelines for investors in mature startups. Seed to Series A startups are still securing substantial funds from global and regional tech investors, who are doubling down on Asia as they seek to deploy in fast-growing markets and niches. How will this continue to play out? Will the challenges at the later stages impact the younger startups? And, as more capital comes into the market, how do investors secure quality deals?
- Anup Jain, Managing Partner, Orios Venture Partners
- Avina Sugiarto, Partner, East Ventures
- Khailee Ng, Managing Partner, 500 Global
- Jennifer Ho, Partner, Integra Partners
- Andi Haswidi, Head of ASEAN Research, DealStreetAsia (Moderator)